'Yummus' Hummus


So my new kitchen toy arrived today, the Breville Sous Chef Food Processor.  I was so excited to use it.  I was in need of a new food processor since mine of 8 years finally decided it was tired.  The first thing I decided to make was this hummus to give my new work horse a try!  WOW, I was so impressed how quickly this came together.  It tastes like store bought.  Traditional hummus is made with Tahini, and I didn't have any on hand.  Tahini is basically raw sesame paste for those who don't know.  I could have made it, but it takes hours to soak your sesame seeds, etc.  I didn't have time for that today.  Your hummus will still be great without it.  It's a quick to make and stores in the fridge for at least a week in an airtight container.  Enjoy it with veggies or garlic toasts or toasted pita triangles.  I love celery for it's empty almost ~0~ calories, so I scoop mine up with that.

What you need:
~2 Cans Chickpeas (Garbanzo) Trust me, you will want leftovers if serving to guests!
~4 Cloves fresh garlic
~2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar (I use the kind without sugar or salt) Maruken is the brand I love and is great for salad dressings as well.
~1 Tsp Salt
~1/4 Tsp Black pepper
~1 Generous bunch of chives (The amount I show in my picture)
~2 Tbsp Good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Let's get to work:

1) Place all in a food processor and process until smooth, turning off often to scrape down the sides of the bowl to get it all incorporated.  And you are done!  Enjoy, from my kitchen to yours!


Comments