Asian Fusion Chicken with Sprouted Grain Pasta


Today I had to really think about what I could make for dinner.  I had to hang around the house waiting for some repair guys, so I had to make do with what was already at home since I couldn't go out. (don't ever tell me you have nothing to eat in the house!!)  Something with chicken and lemons came to mind.  I had so many lemons left on their way out in a few days so I decided to use them, rather than waste them.  You can serve this chicken over regular pasta, quinoa, or rice, or like I use sprouted grain pasta.  I like the sprouted grain pasta because your body recognizes it as a vegetable, rather than a carb, so it's more digestible and healthier.  This is a simple dish with the perfect amount of lemon flavor, yet tastes so complex.  Another idea is to serve with steamed broccoli. The broccoli soaks up the sauce and is just delicious. 

What you need for the chicken marinade:
~1 Package of chicken tenders
~1 Tbsp Olive oil
~1 Cup White wine (not cooking wine)
~1 Tbsp salt
~1/2 Tsp Salt
~2 Garlic cloves minced
~1 Tbsp Lemon juice
~ Zest of 1 lemon

Combine all the ingredients and marinade for at least 4 hours or if you have a Foodsaver, marinade in the container for at least an hour.

What you need for the sauce:
~1 Cup white wine (not cooking wine as I always say)
~4 Garlic cloves crushed and minced
~2 Tbsp Lemon juice
~1 Tbsp White wine vinegar
~1/4 Cup black pepper
~1 1/4 Tsp Salt
~1 Tbsp Corn starch
~5 Packets Splenda
~1 Tsp Dried parsley
~1 Tbsp Olive oil

Mix altogether with a whisk and set aside.

Let's sear the chicken!
1) In a cast iron pan or similar, spray the pan with Pam and add 2 Tbsp olive oil and place the chicken in the sizzling pan, browning for 5 minutes per side. (don't turn until browned) 
2) Pour in the sauce that was set aside and stir in lifting up the brown bits from the browning chicken as this adds sooooo much flavor!!!  Let simmer for 15 minutes. (don't cook too long or your chicken will dry out!)
3) In the meantime, cook your pasta, rice, or whatever you are using according to the package directions
4) When pasta is done, place on plate and add chicken and spoon sauce on top and serve.  Sprinkle with extra parsley or hot pepper flakes.

**For other options, you can sprinkle the chicken while simmering with pepper flakes and additional lemon zest.  I did this because I love flavor and heat!!  Enjoy this Asian lemon fusion... =)




Comments