Heart Healthy Eggcellent Egg Salad

Just to let you know, this egg salad does have a bit of a bite to it, so for those of you who don't like it hot, don't add the pepper flakes.  Simple as that and choose a more milder Djion.  So needless to say, just because you don't have mayo, doesn't mean you can't make egg salad!  Don't ever tell me that you have nothing to eat in the house, because I can find something, always!! ;-)


What you need:
~3 hard boiled eggs shelled, and only keeping the yolk of 1 egg mashes with the back of a fork or with a dough cutter, that is what I used.
~1 1/2 Tsp Sour cream (full fat version)
~1 Tbsp Djion mustard
~1 little chunk Grana padano hard cheese chopped small or you can use Pecorino.  We happen to really enjoy the graininess of the Grana cheese.
~Half of a medium onion diced
~Salt to taste
~Pepper to taste
~1/4 Tsp red pepper flakes
~1/4 Tsp garlic powder
~1/2 Packet of Splenda or 1/2 Tsp sugar
~1 Tbsp chopped fresh Coriander (I happen to have it because of all the Indian food I'm making this weekend but turned out to be an EXCELLENT add!!)
~1 Tsp Italian parsley blend
~Squeeze of lemon (not a ton, just a nice squeeze all around)
~Half of your favorite crusty bread hollowed out.  I used pretzel bread here as it is the most amazing bread ever.  Sorry if you can't find it where you are, but any good fresh crusty bread will do. For my Switzerland followers, I get my bread at the Coop petrol station.  They make the best breads in Switzerland right on site. Mmmmmmm.....


Ok, let's get to work:
1)Really simple here, just mash eggs and add all the ingredients and stuff it to the max in your hollowed out bread and enjoy!  I tried it and I had to agree, foodilicious!!!

Comments