Chop Salad with Turkey and Raspberry Vinaigrette



There are so many reasons to love chop salad.  The main reason I love them is because you get a bit of everything in one bite every time.  Today I really wanted to do something with turkey and salad, so cranberries came to mind.  When I went to the market, I couldn't believe I couldn't find any fresh OR frozen cranberries, so my plan changed.  I was going to do a cran-raspberry vinaigrette, and since there were no cranberries, it ended up being just raspberry vinaigrette which ended up tasting even better because I was able to get the dried cranberries and use those and still get my cranberry flavor in the salad. This salad turned out so good for lunch. I hope you enjoy it as well.  Great to serve to company with some garlic bread on the side!

What you need for the dressing:

~1 Box of fresh raspberries (the small ones at the market)
~1/2 Tsp Djion mustard or Spicy brown mustard
~ 8 packets Splenda (to save on calories)
~1 Scant Tbsp Extra light olive oil
~2 Tbsp White wine vinegar
~1 Tsp Good quality Balsamic vinegar
~1/4 Tsp Lime juice
~1 Garlic clove crushed (this adds a very slight kick, so if you don't like a fresh garlic kick, use a half of a clove crushed)
~Salt and Pepper to taste

Let's get to work:

1) Puree the raspberries in a juicer if you have one, or in a food processor and then strain to remove seeds.  Add the rest of the ingredients and set aside.

What you need for the Salad:

~Mixed baby greens chopped.  When chopped it's easily 3 cups, but use your judgement and chop it as much or as little as you like.
~1 Tbsp Chopped green apple
~1 Tbsp Bleu cheese.  If you don't like bleu, you can use goat or feta, I just happen to be a bleu cheese nut!
~1 Tbsp Chopped purple onion
~1 Tbsp Chopped dried cranberries
~1 Tbsp Chopped fresh walnuts
~1/2 Cup or more if you like of chopped Smoked turkey breast (found at your deli in the market)

Really simple here, just place all in a bowl, pour the dressing in and toss carefully with tongs until combined being careful not to over mix or the bleu cheese will get mushy.  Pile on a plate, garnish and grab a fork!


Comments